Sunday, March 30, 2008

Books: By Myself and Then Some and What Would Jackie Do?

Yesterday, my roommate and I did as we often do and spent the whole day at Borders. I love book stores and libraries, just being surrounded by books make me feel so safe. We always start out browsing all the sections and picking out what we want to get, then we end up in romance, where we pick up the dirtiest book we can find and giggle about it. It's so much fun.

I bought two books I adore. First was By Myself and Then Some, an autobiography by Lauren Bacall. Most people know her as an actress and Humphrey Bogart's wife, however, she is an amazing writer as well. Her tales of growing up in New York idolizing Bette Davis, modeling, and leaving her beloved family for her first movie in Hollywood are funny and real and poignant. And I loved reading about her falling madly in love with Bogart, their life, and her heartbreak as she saw him dying. Lauren Bacall is a very inspiring writer with a fascinating life to write about.



What an amazing couple.

The second book is What Would Jackie Do? by Shelly Branch and Sue Callaway. Now this book's title is my life's motto, and I was very excited to find out that it existed. I often find myself in positions where I want to convey Jackie's poise, self-assuredness, and charisma. The authors have definitely done their research and found Jackie's philosophy in every aspect of life, from dressing to dealing with friends, family, husbands to working. I plan on reading it often.

My idol.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
What would Jackie do?