As much as I love spring, sometimes it's hard for me to see it as a season and not just a transition to summer, which I look forward to with the eagerness of an overworked, overstressed college student. One reason why I am especially excited is because this summer is an Olympics summer, and I am an addict, an Olympics junkie. I love the opening ceremonies, the weird sports that come on at 2 in the morning, the medals, the fluff pieces...I could go on and on. What I think I love most about it is the continuity, though...I remember rolling around on my carpet watching when I was 6, and I'd like to think that I'll be watching them at 68 as well. Also, it seems like the last venue where the world gets together amiably and takes pride in competition and unity.
Go Michael Phelps! Beijing '08, can't wait!
- ► 2009 (50)
- The two things occupying my thoughts right now: sc...
- Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom
- Fashion Model: Sharpay Evans
- Water Lilies Trailer
- Leighton Meester
- Fashion Model: Sofia Coppola
- Late night soul sessions is what college is about,...
- First Half Blood Prince picture
- Kareena in Vogue
- The Olympics
- ▼ April (11)